Top 10 Things to Do in Cebu City
Cebu, also known as the Queen City of the South, is a thriving city with plenty of tourist attractions to be proud of. With various activities, food, tourist spots, and festivities to check out for, visiting this place is indeed a great experience to have. So, if you are planning a trip to the south this year, Cebu City would be an excellent travel destination for you, your friends, and even with the whole family.
To help you plan out your Cebu trip, here are the top 10 things to do in Cebu City:
- Snorkel and Scuba Dive. Because of the geographical location of Cebu, popular beach activities such as snorkeling and scuba diving are common in the place. Tourists love to explore Cebu underwater, with its rich marine life and exclusive beach resorts. So, get ready for a great water adventure when you’re in Cebu City.
- Food Trip. Do you know that one of the best places in the Philippines that offer the best lechon is Cebu? Well, if you haven’t tried Cebu lechon yet, now is the time to indulge in the unique sensation of the locals’ pride.
- Shop and buy local souvenirs. Tourists are fond of buying local souvenirs from the places they visit. There are locally made guitars and key chains if you’d like some real Cebuano souvenirs. At SM Cebu, you can go shopping and see the most beautiful attractions around the area. The Cube statue is also a view to behold while in the shopping center.
- Witness the Magellan’s Cross. Of course, your Cebu trip wouldn’t be complete without having a glimpse of the renowned Magellan’s Cross. It signifies the faith of Roman Catholics propagated by Magellan and his fellow explorers. Cebu is indeed lucky to be one of the most historical sites in the Philippines.
- Visit Basilica Del Santo Nino. This is the holiest church you will ever find in the city. Inside, you will see Santo Nino’s revered statuette which has been there since Magellan’s time.
- Experience Tumalog and Kawasan Falls. If you want nature trip, you can check out Tumalog (in Oslob) and Kawasan Falls (in Badian). These are among the best waterfalls in Cebu because of their mesmerizing natural beauty.
- Swim at Pescador Island. Another adventure to try is the Pescador Island in Tanon Strait. This is the best tourist destination if you want to snorkel or dive. There are various species of marine life that you will be awed to see.
- See Tops Lookout and Lapu-lapu Statue. Got a date? You can drop by the Tops Lookout and see the amazing beauty of the city. It will make you feel extra special while spending some quality time with your loved one. Don’t forget to take a picture with Lapu-lapu, the Cebuano’s hero pride.
- Go visit the Taoist Temple. The famous temple is one of Cebu’s best attractions due to its beautiful structure. In 1972, the Chinese people built the temple to provide ideal place for those who want to meditate and find their peace.
- Check out the Yap San Diego ancestral house. If you’re looking for someplace that is ancient, this is the perfect spot. The ancestral house is actually one of Philippines’ oldest houses that is up until now.